Thursday, October 24, 2013

simple elegance tag


Unfortunately, stamping had to take a back seat to, what has seemed like at least a MILLION medical tests & procedures for my husband over the last few months - and the monumental arrival of our FIRST grandbaby - he's such a cutie :)  and SO worth giving up some creative time!!! 
This was a super speedy project (a rarity for me!) I found a piece of ribbon with a little sparkle and then watercolored the frame in soft colors to coordinate with it. I used the same watercolor paper to cut the tree and deer - thick foam dimensionals gave it the depth I wanted.


*tip - I like to put some ink on a 6x8 sheet of plastic, spray it with water until the colors blend, then place a piece of watercolor paper on top of the ink, carefully pick it up and turn it over to dry - after that, it's ready to die cut


Blog-hop-logo










ink:  stampin' up (pool, bashful, celery)
dies:  papertrey ink
watercolor paper:  artist's loft
wired ribbon:  scrap



12 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!! Such a pretty tag.. I am really thinking I NEED this set!! :)
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is subtle and stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my all time favorite sets! Loving the effect you created!

    ReplyDelete
  4. clever design - love the serene scene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely, I may have to CASE it! It would look wonderful on a card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, this is amazing! I love the depth you've created in this tag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea for a tag Julie! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so soft and lovely! Thanks for the water coloring tip too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

ShareThis